While winter in Texas is never that bad, it is nice that spring has finally arrived. With the warmer outdoor temperatures, it is time to start checking things off of your to-do list. This includes taking care of your car. Here are five spring maintenance tips to get you started.
- Check your tires. Give your tires a thorough inspection. This should include checking the tread depth, looking for uneven wear, and checking the air pressure.
- Change your oil. Check your owner’s manual for the recommended maintenance schedule. If you are due for a change, give your car some fresh oil and a new filter.
- Get new wiper blades. You should replace your windshield wiper blades every six to 12 months, especially if they are leaving streaks or stuttering across your window. Don’t forget the rear blade, if you have one.
- Check your lights. Make sure all of your exterior lights are working and angled properly. When you can’t signal your intentions to other drivers, it could end badly.
- Clean your car. Time to wash away with the winter. Start with the top and work your way down your car. Use a two-bucket method (one for soapy water, one for dirty water). Don’t forget to give the undercarriage a good rinse.
If your vehicle is in need of more thorough spring maintenance, bring it to our expert team of technicians at Atzenhoffer.