We may not get the traditional autumn weather that our friends do up north, but we can still celebrate the fall season here in Victoria, Texas. Below are five of our favorite fall activities:
- Carving pumpkins: Head to a nearby pumpkin patch and pick out your favorite gourds. Then bring them home to carve with family and friends. You can just carve a jack-o’-lantern face, or get creative and design something new.
- Bonfires: Autumn nights in Texas can sometimes get chilly enough for a bonfire, the perfect place to make s’mores and swap ghost stories.
- Haunted houses: Speaking of ghosts, fall means haunted houses will be opening up all across the country, Texas included. Victoria is even home to some haunted attractions in the fall.
- Watching movies: Fall is the perfect time to cuddle up on the couch with your loved ones and the dogs and put on your favorite Halloween movies, whether it’s the family-friendly classic, “Hocus Pocus,” or something a little more frightening, like “Texas Chainsaw Massacre.” Even after Halloween passes, you can watch some of TV’s greatest Thanksgiving specials like the “Bob’s Burgers and Friends” one.
- Corn mazes: The Midwest may be famous for its corn. However, even Texas has some great corn mazes, which is a staple activity for the fall season.